Friday 3 February 2017

     

                                 WHEN A LIGHT DIMS.....!!!!!!         

                                                                                                                                                                                                              That was a fine evening.As always,I hurried down after  work.Excitement,bustle and hurry are exhibitions of bad breeding..And I was eminently bad bred when it comes to my 'Grandpa'..That was what I called the Oak tree near the park.Without much time,I was in there, my eyes circling for a spot under him..Brilliant!! I got a cute spot ,near which there was a beautiful plant,whose name I can't recall.I sat there enjoying the shade ,looking up at its green,lustrous frame.WOW!! What a powerful folk! I thought of its ubiquitousness....Nest to many creatures,shade to a lot of sad people like me....He must be doing a good old job.I marvelled at his glory.I am not sure if I am intentionally bragging him,or perhaps,I am a lil envious.Whatever!I was thoroughly thrilled.

I let the days pass.Soon, I created a bond, just like a cluster of people who invented friendship with my Grandpa.Everyday,I flattered him in my thoughts.I made him a big lil hero in my mind.

One day as usual ,I hurried down after my work.I went to my Grandpa and was shocked to see a bunch of officers checking his weight,strength,branches.This time,my eyes circled,not for a spot..but for his friends;There was none.Not even a familiar face.
I stared at him.A long blank stare.He stared me back with the same old elegance.I know,deep in my heart that I loved him so much.I wanted him to know how great the bond was.I wanted him to be protected.But I stared- Atleast that was what I could do,  or that was what I believed I could do.I turned back and walked.'Probably' he would live a few more days,or a few hours.I don't know how I can hang everything on a 'probably'.But that was what I did.

And now, I mourn his death.I heard from my colleagues that ,there is a bakery propping up there.All the people in the world could do nothing to prevent his death.Even, I was blind to it.And I think this is what we are .Some are not meant to save the earth.Some are meant to leave it.

Today,I hurried down after my work. I went to the old Oak near my office.This time not with marvel,but with the fear of losing contentedness ...And ,now I knew ,in the end,the love you give will always be answered with pain.

                                                                                                                       ♡♡♡

12 comments:

  1. that's a touching one...
    greatly decorated.....
    something different from older posts
    :)

    the love you give will always be answered with pain.------ loved this line so much

    superb work
    keep going..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...yeah..The last line must have made an impact..And,I think it's true given the reality..;)
      ♡♡♡

      Delete
  2. Heart touching and socially relevant one..!!Good going...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....YUP...A socially relevant theme..huhu..keep supporting dude..
      ♡♡♡

      Delete
  3. This one left me thinking of life....how you find solace and inspiration from someone(like the oak tree) in your life(earth) and you are afraid of losing them....time just drifts both of you apart and then you forget 'em(turning blind)....nd eventually you are once again afraid of losing your new frnd(the other oak tree)
    Nice work !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's a good analysis..But the theme was quite simple..Afraid of losing someone special..And that someone happened to be the Oak
      ♡♡♡

      Delete
  4. A nonfictional one..
    Simple and realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....more in store..
      ♡♡♡

      Delete
  5. That's a different one!! Nicely done...

    Keep going!! ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....liked the part,'Different one'...
      ♡♡♡

      Delete
  6. संवेदनात्मक.... 😯😯😯

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much...That was a gud comment..keep supporting..
    ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete