Friday 7 April 2017

IT.....             


                               'To b secure on d land, one must b supreme at d sea'- wen I was waiting for psychological test, i read it and , my mind began to work rapidly.India , being  a peninsular region, has to b secure. Yeah...I knew it already.But was I so much interested in securing d land???May b no..Or perhaps , yes..For I have  missed my farewell and last year arts fest for this selection..SSB was not my dream.I knew it by heart..But there was this urge, hard to explain kinda thing , that held me there like  a prisoner wen I cud have  had so much fun in my place."Chest num:10, what r u looking at? Listen to what I say"..I heard the instructor  shouting at me..For all those days, I have never given ears to the instructor..I was trapped inside a question,
  " Y am I here?"

But when students queued up with wild enthusiasm that was unsettling, i had made an answer.
I was on a run.
Everybody wants to run.At some point in life, everybody thinks about walking away.Life's always better on the beach or in the mountains.  Problems can be left behind.It's inbred in us.We're the products of immigrants who left miserable conditions and came in search of a better life. And yet, I was there, to experience something, hoping for a miracle that could transform me to a supernatural being. I had my interview the very next day.
He asked, "What was ur dream as a child? "
I responded, this time totally honest-"As a child, I wanted to be a film actor."
He continued-"And now? "
I answered without hesitation-"Now i am in the process of discovery."
He was amused-"Then why ssb?"

I replied-"I wanted to say the truth atleast in one interview.I don't wanna bluff and get a job.Thank you sir for giving me this opportunity to speak the truth"

He was baffled.My interview was over by a span of 20-30 minutes when others had it for almost one hour. I was rejected for such a blatant response, as well.But I can say, with no doubt that, this was the best interview in my life.And, the best days i can never forget.A figment of me will always cherish , thinking of my friends there..All from India, from diverse cultures..With different views, but with same aim-NAVY..Though I was an odd one with a very different aim,  this team taught me  a unified truth that i knew deep in my heart...The truth I refused to accept. That Life on the run was life in the past.There was no closure to it..But i was ready to close that , then.After my five days in the ssb, i was freely riding a bicycle inside IISc..A poem suddenly broke out from nowhere-
" One fine morning, I woke up , searching for 'it'..
I asked my friends
I searched in my family
I didn't know'its' name
I didn't know 'its' form
I thought 'it' could come from fantasies
And started searching new shores
But one day I found 'it'
'It' had no name, no form
'It' was music to d soul, dance to d body
By then, I had started missing 'it'
'It' was me and I embraced 'it' with open heart"


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    courtesy:The Partner(a fiction)

                                                                                                                        ♡♡♡

11 comments:

  1. You know what... People spend years and years searching for 'it' and you already found it! That is one hell of an achievement. (But dont be in a hurry to get fixated)
    I'll be completely honest. I really really liked this one. It's right up there. At the very top. Your best work, maybe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this article goes so well with the last article. The dream is not so second hand anymore 😉

      Delete
    2. Huhu..Thank you so much..happy to know dat u liked it.And I m happy that I found it...Yeah..may b..Dreams are not second hand anymore.I agree!!And yeah, I should be pretty muvh sure before any decision..But this is more of a personal understanding than a DISCOVERY.And i feel happy dat u found this as my best wrk

      Delete
  2. Anddd thats a ultraaa honest one from you........
    you given your feel through your words perfectly...
    great literature...

    interview part ... tooo gud :)
    loved the chest no 10 part :D that portion simply explaines ur situation there...
    happy that you fought well even in your discomfort zone .....Congo for dat

    the starting quote is perfect one to remember always in our bad times....

    last section awesome.
    all the very best for the HAPPY IT :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting quote is the one I picked out from the SSB.I have not shared the whole experience there, as a matter of fact..Yup.but there are certain geelings that cannot be explained.And there were some of those, there..Now I am happy that I hav made some fine friends after the selection.Some very good friends..I believe, the bond wud remain for long.Thanknu so much for d cmnt

      Delete
  3. Really loved this one!!!..Hope you had a great time there and i swear u will never forget those days in ur life...Let this "spark" be always with you..Go ahead..!!All the best dear:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah..I will never forget those days..they will aleays remain green in some corner of my heart.Yup..The spark which the gals gave me..Thank u so much dear.I cud have a gud xperience..Thank u for ur guidance as well( I mean , for d selection)

      Delete
  4. Life seems to be better on the beach and mountains because people convinced themselves and accepted something as 'it' rather than truly seeking out for it. Glad to know that your five days over there gave you a new dimension of thought to truly find 'it' and finally embrace it...All the best ✌🏻️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U got it rgt there..We find lyf btr in a far off place, may b becoz,we hav not found 'it'..Perhaps , der r other reasons as well.probabilities one can deduce..Thank u so much..As u said,let me b able to embrace it all my lyf

      Delete
  5. Great work...I know u hv learnt a lot from there...and ur article would be helpful for people like me...✌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dude..Yeah..Dat was quite an experience..And a lot of learning is certain..If this has turned useful to u, I feel privileged..Thank u for the 'great wrk' part

      Delete